Christmas Countdown

November 16, 2015

I'm shaking a bit as I write this, knowing that all these projects below--and a few more I haven't pictured--have a deadline.  And that edict is coming from me, a knitter who absolutely hates putting time frames on knitting projects.  But a Christmas gift is a timely thing, and I have ruined one past Christmas Eve by staying up late trying to finish a knitted gift, only to crash at 2AM with it unfinished. To make sure that won't happen this year, all other knitting has been banished, and only these projects will get any attention in November and December!  I have a few car trips (where I'll be the passenger!) and a long train trip planned before Christmas and these are my travel knits for sure.

I finished the Amy Herzog Options KAL and hopefully will have a modeled picture to share soon.  I love it, and loved knitting with the yarn--so much so that I purchased more to make the Floyd Vest from Martin Storey for my son.

The Owl Ways Scarf and Chouette Hat from Ekaterina Blanchard of KatyTricot is for my 15-year-old granddaughter who thought these were just so funny and cute.  I'm using some stash-with-no-name that feels like a homespun wool.  Check out Ekaterina's Rav store.  She has some very clever designs.  Annie also asked for some fingerless gloves and headbands and think those will go pretty fast.

Two Harbors Poncho by Sarah Smuland is for my daughter.  This is my first time using this Columbia from Imperial Yarn.  It has a very hearty hand.  I'm liking it--it's nicely spongy!

IF, and only IF it looks like I'm not going to have a problem finishing the above gifts, then I'll see if I can finish this for me.  I try to wear a touch of red every day during the holidays so would love to have this done.  This is Bevin, from Kim Hargreaves Hush.  It's an over-sized boyfriend cardigan using that lovely Rowan Brushed Fleece.  Last year I ordered 10 skeins knowing that I would have to make another coat with this lovely stuff.  The pattern I chose needs only 9 and that one extra skein became the anchor and the inspiration for the hot red/claret/pink color combo for the Tower Of Yarn giveaway.  If you haven't entered, there is still time--I'm keeping it open for a few more days.  Go here to enter.  Good luck!






I'm finished with my Options KAL Pullover, love it, and also finished Dulwich in Rowan Alpaca Merino DK plus just finished a hot pink poncho for Annie.  I hope to have modeled pictures very soon.  If you're also waist deep in Christmas projects, take a deep breath, stay calm and knit on!  xo Kristen

I often write my posts ahead of time, sometimes weeks in advance.  This post was written last week and scheduled to publish Monday AM.  But after the events last Friday, I had to come back and say hello.  I'm just so heartbroken that Paris has been targeted again.  I've been watching my share of CNN, and I'm sure just like you, can make no sense of this tragedy.  This has gone on for too long--killing and raping, how can this sick behavior be tolerated any longer?


You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. I'm certain with your speed you'll have these whipped out in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your yarn choice for the Two Harbors Poncho. I have that pattern, but haven't decided what to make it with as yet. Up to my ears in quilt projects, but that poncho really caught my eye. Have fun with your gift making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kristen, we are all heartbroken. In fact, my EFM group used the hurting heart as an image for theological reflection last night. No one could stay away from the events in Paris. But, we kept looking for God and finding God in the actions and presence of others.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda