Bits and Pieces

May 20, 2013

Hello!  I've been adding a few bits to my Knitionary Facebook page
 and somehow forgot my dear blog.  
Here are some updates of the last week in knitting and gardening!

I bought a dozen vintage inspired Ball canning jars from the Ball website.  
They are that beautiful aqua we love to love, just like the oldies.


Kim Hargreaves newest is out, Spirit, with 21 beautiful and inspiring patterns 
with her trademark lovely styling and elegant details.
This deserves it's own post, but you can check out all the designs right here.




My LLYS, (Lovely Local Yarn Store) Uncommon Threads in Los Altos has a new shipment of the very new Rowan Fine Art Sock yarn.

My granddaughter came for a weekend visit. We went to the Pet Parade, Art in the Park, a church rummage sale, a garden tour, and dinners out! We also stopped at the yarn store, where she bought a pattern book. She's ready to go beyond garter scarves!

This weekend, just a few houses down from us was a garden tour for The Garden Conservancy whose mission is "Preserving America's Exception Gardens".  Over the years I've watched the installation of this garden as they acquired properties next door to them to add to their garden.  It's beyond beautiful and my pictures don't give it justice.  It looks like a park.




Tonight's salad from the garden, too pretty not to take a picture.

I'm in love with Call The Midwife on PBS! Are you watching it?  It's so moving and somehow timely even though it is set in the 50s.  For knitters, there are lots of hand knit sweaters and baby clothes!  Last night the midwives and nuns were making a gorgeous granny square blanket.

Also, while cleaning out my sewing room, I found 5 UFOs, all summer sweater knits and in various states of progress.  FIVE!  Two are white, one is blue, one is blue and white, and in case you think I am stuck in a rut, one is green.  Too embarrassing to share a picture of numerous forgotten unfinished objects.

It's Monday, movie day for us.  My husband talked me out of Gatsby and into Star Trek.  Ug.
But we saw Kon Tiki last week and that was fantastic!



You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. How cool that Annie bought a pattern book! That garden looks amazing too.

    I so enjoyed meeting you last week and I'll send you the pictures as soon as I get home - I didn't bring my computer so I can't get them off my camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, I loved meeting you! I had such a fun day, thanks for coming down.

      Delete
  2. Star Trek? Really? Poor thing! Sorry 'bout that! ;-)

    All those unfinished projects! Just think of the fun you'll have finishing them up! You will feel like you have really accomplished a lot!

    I LOVE those blue canning jars!!!!!!

    I've not been watching the PBS program, but it looks like fun. Anything from that era has to be fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re the Midwives.....our knitting group is better looking than theirs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda